[CQ-Contest] New WPX Rules...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] New WPX Rules...
From: no6x@inreach.com (Mike Nash, ND6A)
Date: Mon Mar 29 21:17:25 1999
>Yes I told you so. Long live the American QSO party.
>It sure isn´t the cq WORLD WIDE wpx contest any
>more.

Did not hear him complaining when I called him in the Pileup of US stations
he was working.
Our M/S which was not too entirely serious about things finished the
Contest, we had 2290 Q's and 797 Mults for 4.1M.
I went thru it today and found that of those 2290 50 were dupes (mostly US
stations)
which left 2240, of that a hair over 900 were USA qso's. That is a fairly
large # which resulted in 720k worth of points.
It was appreciated a bunch by the ops on this end. But I can say one thing
about the whole deal. This weekend brought out alot of stations that would
probably not have been there. Have lots of #1 qso's and lots of very low
number Q's that were around just to give the point, or the mult.
Plus this gave the weekend a little more fun by allowing you to work
SOMEONE all day and night. We only operated 39 hours, but had a blast doing
it. Maybe next year everyone will be healthy and ready to GO!!!
Mike...ND6A (one of the ops at NM6Q)

PS, thanks to VF6JY and CN8WW who I think were the only two ops to make it
in the log on 5 bands. Noone got all 6...If you were one and I left you out
I am sorry.