[CQ-Contest] K5LZO, SK, More Info

Subject: [CQ-Contest] K5LZO, SK, More Info
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Mar 29 21:20:16 1999

The family is receiving E-mail at K5LZO@juno.com. Barbara, WB5RUS and Chuck,
Jr., N5IVF, are checking the mail.

There will be a viewing on Wednesday, 3/31, from 5PM until 9PM at the Klein
Funeral Home in Tomball, TX. Barbara has requested that flowers NOT be sent.

Chuck was also known by WA2WBH and FP8CB. He recently acquired his one of his
Dad's calls, W5VQ (ex W2NQ, W2JAE, FP8CK) as a club call. He was not very
active because he made his living in the last few years as a ship's radio
officer.

He and I met in 1963. In 1964, we were the first Americans ever to operate
from Tahiti (FP8CB/FO8). During the late 60's and 70's, he and I pushed the SS
multi-op rules and set some records. More than that, however, he coined the
adage, if we can't have fun contesting, it isn't worth doing. Anyone who
operated with him at the K5RC/K5GA/NR5M/XE2FU multi-ops will testify that
Chuck was the glue that held the groups together.

He was one of the cofounders of the North American QSO party. Most will
remember him for that, his big cigar, and his irreverent sense of humor.

K5LZO, 73 and DX, de K5RC, SK