[CQ-Contest] busted Q's

Subject: [CQ-Contest] busted Q's
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: Thu May 6 06:13:25 1999
> I agree that it should be inexcusable to creative log QSO's, however How
> much should the pentalty be for putting    N6TR  in the log as N6RT when
> all the rest of the information is correct.  Or getting the check as 87
> instead 78 , (I know that neither are correct just used as an example.)
> Obviously just a typo or getting old with the head bone.  YES the Q
> shouldn't count for points  but  PENTALTY ???

I agree that the difference between these two cases is minimal and
the penalty for both should probably be the same.  I have had
discussions with some of the ARRL people, and I believe they are
considering a smaller - uniform - penalty for both types of errors.

There should be the same non-incentive for guessing at a check that
there should be for a callsign.

Tree N6TR
n6tr@contesting.com