[CQ-Contest] Re: Owning a Frequency

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Owning a Frequency
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Wed May 12 17:31:01 1999
>I do hope that I will never pretend to think that anybody has any more
>right to situate themselves on a frequency than anybody else during a
>contest, including myself.

I wish someone would tell that to the SSTVers on 14.230.  During CQWWPX I
had been working a run of Europeans for about an hour around 14.233.
These jerks thought I was too close to "their" frequency and decided to
start transmitting a little higher and QRM'd me.  Needless to say I
continued on and saw only a modest dip in my run rate.  Then one of them
had the audacity to yell at me and tell me that I was QRMing them!
That's when I lost it!  I eventually had to take a break and so I left
soon after that, but it is annoying when someone thinks they "own" a
frequency.  If they ask me nicely to move I likely would as a net control
op did later that afternoon farther up the band.  He asked nicely and I
moved and even worked him for a point and multiplier!  But no one owns
any frequency and frankly QRM is part of any contest.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

Jon Ogden

jono@enteract.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na