[CQ-Contest] SCP in practice

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SCP in practice
From: n5nj@att.net (n5nj@att.net)
Date: Wed May 12 18:40:11 1999
I have used "Super Check Partial" in order to streamline
my efficiency of getting a complete callsign.  I don't
believe that SCP in any program guarantees you that the
callsign(s) it lists are in fact the station calling you
at that moment.  You must confirm it.  Heck, even if you
think you've copied it correctly, with the new log
analysis, it sounds as though you should confirm it just
to be sure.  If someone does not, they are taking a
chance of having that qso and penalty affect their final
score.

When this feature was first added, I saw it as a way to
begin to compete with guys who seem to live on the air
all the time like K1AR or N5TJ et al.  They know what
callsigns are active and have a built-in SCP going all
the time in their heads.  After a while, I think
everyone gets this to some extent and when you hear HZ1?
or ZL1AM? or JA3Y?? or JA7Y?? you probably can guess the
rest of the callsign and not miss too often.  After
working the same guys year after year, it just seems
automatic after a while.

I see no reason to oppose this feature.

73 & CU in Dayton,

Bob N5NJ