[CQ-Contest] Single Op Rules

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Single Op Rules
From: KI9A@aol.com (KI9A@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 19 22:47:32 1999

In a message dated 5/19/99 6:19:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
w7why@harborside.com writes:

<< If I have a "hired gun" to repair this stuff, I can just switch
 bands while they fix the antenna or run barefoot while they fix
 the amp.  If I do this, aren't I re-classified Multi Op even if
 the other station isn't operating?  He is making it possible for
 me to keep my station on the air where in other cases it wouldn't
 be.  The rules say a single op does the operating and logging,
 but I think it should also included maintenance on the station.
 73
 Tom W7WHY >>

Oh man Tom!  This will open acan of worms! ;-))  I don't agree,  if the xyl
cooks supper or brings me sodas,  is SHE another op??  Operators operate.
They make Q's.  Now if the other station takes the key or mike while you make
a pitstop, or repair equipment,  of course it is now M/O....
73/Chuck