[CQ-Contest] Single Op Rules

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Single Op Rules
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 19 23:39:15 1999
In a message dated 5/19/99 6:19:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
w7why@harborside.com writes:

<< If a station is operating a contest SO, are they allowed to have
 someone come over and perform maintenance on the station/antennas
 while the contest is going >>

This question was answered years ago when "hired guns" came on the scene. For
many years, I was an SO (Station Owner) and performed maintenence for my
operators. There was never any real question about it being any more of an
unfair advantage than a hired gun using someone else's station. In fact, I
know SO's that will not let hired guns do any adjustments on the equipment. I
understand K2GL once flew in a maintenance tech from Drake to be on standby
and to work on any equipment that failed during a contest.

Tom, K5RC