[CQ-Contest] Cut [Serial] Numbers

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Cut [Serial] Numbers
From: Clive_Whelan@compuserve.com (Clive Whelan)
Date: Wed Jun 2 19:11:55 1999
Yuri

<< Some people send just one or two digit, try to get it with weak signal -
is
it 2 or 22 or 222? If one sends TT2, there is no question. >>

Does anybody do that on a paddle? I doubt it.

Is that trend therefore not due to computer logging? I am a relative
newcomer to computer logging being a born again dinosaur, and my first
exposure was to the market leader, and I believe the original (an archive
version)programme. I simply could not get it to send leading zeroes, and
nobody else could tell me how to do it, although it must *surely* be there
somewhere?

However on switching to my present prog. it was easy to see how to do it;
what a relief. Better not say what that is I suppose, but check my 3830
posting if you *must* know!

Diamonds are best uncut, ditto serial numbers.
If I only had one digit on my paddle hand I couldn't key at all! ( Waddya
mean I can't anyway?!)

73
Clive

GW3NJW