[CQ-Contest] Last 2 cents Worth !

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Last 2 cents Worth !
From: Geovincent@aol.com (Geovincent@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jul 29 17:55:18 1999
I swore I would not get suckered into a reply, HOWEVER, I can resist no
longer.  IMHO, it seems to me that the number one rule is and always will be
to LISTEN, LISTEN, and then LISTEN some more.  If the DX station is working
last 2 then follow suit, if he is working or wants full calls then follow
suit, he sets the rules for the pileup.  Likewise if he is going by the
numbers then wait your are is called.  In the IOTA contest this past weekend,
I heard stations working last 2, by the numbers and full calls.  Their game,
and I played by their rules.  If DX nets want last 2, it is their net and
they set the rules.

The lids are those who do not listen and make their own rules, afterall, if
most of them would listen first then why would they have to ask for the DX
stations callsign during the QSO???  A fact that has always puzzled me.

As for me I will continue to listen, listen, listen and play by the rules
always signing with my full callsign as per FCC rules and say THANK YOU for
the QSO or THANK YOU and GOOD LUCK as the case may be.

73 and TNX for LISTENING
George KF3BE