[CQ-Contest] Full callsigns PSE!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Full callsigns PSE!
From: f6bee@compuserve.com (Jacques SAGET)
Date: Thu Jul 29 17:42:45 1999

Just my 2 cents of Euro worth on the subject.

I operated some 4000 as 8Q7TV, July 10-17th, with 100 W to a R-7000 on the
beach.
With this small equipment, 90 % of QSO were CW as it is my prefered mode
first but also I had much more success on my CQs than on SSB.
More than 60% of Qs were with one continent where the operators are said to
be bad.... And a lot deserve this reputation, mostly on SSB where there
were many 2 letter callers, even when the run was really slow (not even a
walk!).
Every time i got 2 letters I tried to educate the mass and asked for full
callsigns.
Once it even resulted to have this guideline spotted on the Eu cluster !
For Jim N.  clusters can be used as an educative aid.

I logged the 2letter callers with a note and am thinking about confirming
the QSO either with only 2 last letters of their callsign on the returned
QSL card or leave only my callsign as TV. They should understand their
language.
On CW, only 2 Eu stations kept calling when I asked for USA only, during
one of the very few short openings to NA.
On the positive side, I never got a report starting as "last heard, you
were...., " or "please copy..."

73   Jacques, F6BEE (ex 8Q7TV, TM2Y)