[CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes Rules Changes

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes Rules Changes
From: na2n@ifam.com (Greg Becker)
Date: Tue Aug 3 11:14:36 1999

> Previously, the precedence sent during Sweepstakes indicated
> power - A, B,
> and Q.  The exchange sent during Sweepstakes will be changed
> to indicate the
> category in which you are operating: Q = Single Op QRP, A =
> Single Op low
> Power, B = Single Op High Power, U = Single Op Unlimited, S =
> School Club,
> and M = Multi-Op.  All of this will be laid out when the
> rules announcement
> is published in the October issue of QST.

Wow.

Those of you who know me know that I am not often at a loss for words, but
it's almost all I can do to sit here and just shake my head in amazement.

WHOSE IDEA WAS THIS?????????? OCTOBER??? FOR A NOVEMBER CONTEST?!?!?!?!?!?!

Given the current and very-well-known state of contest logging, was NO
thought given to the fact that this MAJOR, RADICAL change in the contest
format would affect THOUSANDS of contesters, not to mention EVERY supplier
of software? And what about...  nevermind.

Once again, we see the effects of a poorly conceived and ill-considered
change in contest rules by the ARRL. I'd be disappointed, but I'm kinda
getting used to it...

__
Greg Becker JD PhD  NA2N   na2n@ifam.com
Ideas For American Manufacturers
SW, Rondout #343 F&AM - Hendrick Hudson #875 F&AM