[CQ-Contest] Meter Reading Part II

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Meter Reading Part II
From: kq2m@mags.net (Robert L. Shohet)
Date: Tue Aug 3 18:21:56 1999
Dale,

The contest log-checking should catch the error IF that is what is being
checked - this of course varies by contest, but of what relevance is
this?

Certainly I would attempt to correct the busted exchange, the same way I
would attempt to correct a "busted" callsign.  That is not the point.
The point was that giving a signal report based on a "meter reading" is
a ridiculous practice. The fact that I now have to "correct" the
"assumed and not copied" exchange is a further waste of time and
reduction of rate, made necessary by the inability or disinterest (qrm,
qrn & qsn aside) of the receiving station (who probably did not pay
attention) to copy what was sent the first time.

You can add these two things to the list of bad operating practices.

Bob KQ2M