[CQ-Contest] Meter Reading Part II

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Meter Reading Part II
From: aa4lr@radio.org (Bill Coleman AA4LR)
Date: Wed Aug 4 17:16:22 1999

On 8/4/99 18:15, Tom Osborne at w7why@harborside.com wrote:

>If the reports are all 599, why
>not just drop the report from the exchange.  Useless information
>and just takes up time.  Just think how many more Q's we could
>make without having to send 599 both ways every time.

True enough. So, we can either drop the useless signal reports, or
replace them with something meaningful.

But, what's the point? All you'll have succeeded in doing is changing one
contest into another. There are contests which exchange meaningful
information (SS, NAQP, hmm - no DX contests?).

Unless the contest rules are seriously impeding participation (such as
the WPX zero-point rule), or limiting in terms of modern practice (the
old SS multi-op rule for packet), why change them?

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
Quote: "Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!"
            -- Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales