[CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Contest changes SANITY CHECK!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Contest changes SANITY CHECK!
From: force12e@lightlink.com (Natan Huffman)
Date: Sat Aug 28 12:29:29 1999
Semantics......................if it is being discussed as an action item
coming out of the Membership Services Committee who then referred it to the
CSC per Don Henderson,  it may not be considered a "proposal" as what would
be a Roberts Rules Of Order proposal.   But it is a proposal in the general
context of use.    Per Kay Cragie also, "it" (since you don't like my use of
vocabulary) came out of the MSC.  If "it" is not a proposal, is it just a
waste of everyone's time designed to entertain and provide Internet
reflector fodder AND keep the CAC busy?

By refusing to accurately identify just what is happening and by playing
games with semantics, ill conceived "non-proposals" such as this one have
become a part of the landscape, all rather innocently.

I prefer to call it a "proposal" because within the context of being
involved in  League affairs for over three decades, it is my opinion that
this proposition, or assessment of an idea is exactly that --  a proposal.
Unless it is addressed NOW, it will become a  formalized proposal and will
be acted on by the League organization.  In spite of your protestations and
suggestions that it is not a proposal,   I will council EVERYONE who agrees
that this proposal is at best ill conceived to attempt to thwart it now
rather than later.

I can assure you, my sanity is just fine unless you consider my being at the
end of a 48 hour contest weekend!.....check?

Perhaps you might consider "holding it" and take a detailed look at what is
going on and after carefully listening to the constituency that elected
you, --- advise your Director of those opinions!

Natan W6XR/2