[CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Contest changes SANITY CHECK!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Contest changes SANITY CHECK!
From: kg2au@stny.rr.com (Jimmy Weierich)
Date: Tue Aug 31 19:08:27 1999
I received the message that follows my comments from Bill Kennamer
and post it here with his permission.

IMHO, if accurate and thorough log checking is a good thing for
contesting and a portion of the exchange makes that checking
difficult, something IS broken.

If the exchange can be changed without altering the essential nature
of the contest and without invalidating comparisons to the existing
records it seems to me that it should be done.

Using ITU zone in the DX exchange would accomplish that. ITU zone
would not significantly impact the length or complexity of the
exchange and hence keep comparisons to previous records valid.
And,most contest participants are already familiar with ITU zone from
the IARU contest.

The key to making any change to the exchange work will be getting the
word out, world wide, sufficiently before the contest so that all
participants are prepared for the change.

73, Jimmy

Jimmy, KG2AU       <kg2au@stny.rr.com>