R: [CQ-Contest] Highest ever rate ?

Subject: R: [CQ-Contest] Highest ever rate ?
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Mon Aug 2 20:39:28 1999

Maurizio Panicara wrote:

>I totally disagree, it will transform WW contests in continental ones.
>More value to contacts between different continents and to strategic DX
>locations are the correct payment to who spend time arranging a better
>station or to do the big effort to move far from home.

While I agree that one should get points for QSOing "further" away from
home, someone somewhere is always going to get shafted.  The guys in the
Netherland's Antilles are hard to beat cause they get 3 points for QSOs
with the US.  While the guys in Antigua (V26B, etc), only get 2 points.
P40 and V26 aren't that tremendously far apart.

I guess when making divisions, someone is always at the dividing
line......Oh well... :-)

73,

Jon
KE9NA