[CQ-Contest] RE: SS pref changing midstream

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: SS pref changing midstream
From: AD6E@aol.com (AD6E@aol.com)
Date: Tue Aug 3 21:07:23 1999
Gosh, I've done that before ... wonder if I violated one of the several
different rules posted on several different ARRL web pages.  Oh well, I get
on to help my club and have fun .. not necessarily to win.

Speaking of having fun, I find that packet increases the FUN factor...
especially in the final hours of SS where not only *I* need that last mult,
but I can help others achieve that goal too. There tends to be a lot of
banter between packet stations using Talk mode that invokes a certain amount
of camradarie. Its fun to help others, and thats a two way street. I've made
sweeps without packet so I know I can do it (either packet died or I operated
from another station w/o packet), but if I have a choice, its more fun to use
packet. The packet announcments (cheers, hoopla) from someone who just found
NNY is a nice break from the  30Qs/hr I normally associate with SS.

If S/P is a new category, fine .. especially if it increases packet
activity... although I've never had any qualms about entering as M/S.

73, Al  AD6E