[CQ-Contest] Highest ever rate ?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Highest ever rate ?
From: ly3ba@takas.lt (Gediminas Lucinskas)
Date: Thu Aug 5 00:14:00 1999

>you didn't read carefully my first mail and You've misunderstood my point.
>If You would have read my second one in reply to OH6YF message, it would

Your disagreement was the reaction to my posting (not to the posting of
OH6YF).

>have been clear to you what I meant.  A 1 points QSOs for extracontinental
>contacts can't overcome the gap against strategical countries from home
>or other confortable locations but takes away credit to better stations and
>better operators.
>
>In a CQWW perspective you won't win from Europe, ( likewise from
>Caribbean or North America) , unless the guys in the strategical countries
>are very poor operators or had huge problems.

Listening carefully to the direct meaning of the words W O R L D  W I D E. I
think it means all WORLD and does not matter which point of the
World. And I think each QSO ( I to I, I to W, W to W,PJ to W etc)
Should worth same points. Remember, We have multipliers in the
Contest. Therefore one will try to work those DX peditions(Contest
Expeditions in most cases) paying lot attention to them and there is
no any other special reason to increase their scores artificialy.
In many cases nearby QSO's to work requires more energy and higher
Contesting skill than Long distance QSO's.

First of all most of us are Contesters and looking to the sports side of the
Hobby. DX'er dont  care about points, multipliers at all.
Therefore is not good idea to tell majority :you dont have chanse to win
because you live in the poor country while all 3 points locations are booked
long time ago, and all We need from you - please be meath
for our big arms .
I can not understand, why not to open more possibilities to other contest
deserving people.

>In a Eu perspective an European with a better station and better hears,
>able to work other continents deserve 3 pts for each qsos of that type
>because they are more difficult and because intercontinental qsos will
>promote the WW nature of the contest.
>Who moved to some peculiar locations, fronting a big challange in
>all senses to benefit of the rules and because of the position, the same
>deserves to get the QSO points (3) he went to search for.
>Look that no real winning location is just round the corner, and do not
>believe those stations are composed by a TH7 and a pair of wires.
>Not only rules and qso points, but mainly latitude, shorter distances,
>antennas, etc. etc. make some location special and potentially winning.
>.....if who goes there for contesting read the rules and is a top operator.
>
>73,
>Mauri I4JMY (one of IR4T)

P.S. In EU We have excellent Contest with the best ever rules,
where no one care about distance, special DX location etc.
It's EU HF Championship.
73! CU in EU HFChamp. this comming Saturday.
Gedas,LY3BA
We