[CQ-Contest] CQ Results

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ Results
From: aa4ga@contesting.com (Lee Hiers)
Date: Wed Sep 15 18:32:46 1999
On 15 Sep 99, at 16:28, Jeffrey Steinman wrote:

> I wonder if CQ Contest magazine will now be available at the newsstand? I
> believe the only way to get it now is through subscription. The VHF
> magazine is sold over the counter, however.

That would be nice.  Like Jeff <I think>, I travel a lot and hit a lot of
newstands...I see CQ VHF a lot, but never CQ Contest.

I imagine contesters spend more money per station, but there are more SOB-types
spending less money, with the assumed result that more total dollars are spent
by VHFers than contesters....which is why one never sees CQ Contest at the
newsstand.

Hey Jeff...TX Towers is just a couple miles from you...don't they carry CQ
Contest?  I think HRO in Atlanta does, but I only get by there once or twice a
year.

> But I hope the results don't disappear from CQ magazine completely
> as that means less publicity and maybe fewer newcomers.

Yup.  I remember when I was first licensed going to the library and reading
through old QSTs just to read old contest results...guess I had it bad!

> Guess it might be a good time to drop CQ Magazine subscription and just
> buy a few issues a year over the counter, too.

I did that years ago...

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers