[CQ-Contest] Why Compete?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Why Compete?
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Wed Sep 15 18:10:00 1999
Steve Sacco NN4X wrote:

>"why would I even compete if I have a 50/50 chance to
>get my certificate if I am lucky enough to earn one "
>
>Maybe 'cause contesting is FUN?
>
>If you're not doing it for that, your're doing it for the wrong reasons.

Why is contesting to get an award for the wrong reason?

I compete to win.  Or at least I hope to and so do lots of other
contestors.  Otherwise why compete?  Competition is fun because someone
wins.  And winners should be rewarded.

I have fun trying to win.  Maybe you just have fun doing it for the heck
of it.  I'd rather not compete if I am not intending or trying to win.  I
have better things to do with my time.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

Jon Ogden

jono@enteract.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na