[CQ-Contest] cr*ppy signals

Subject: [CQ-Contest] cr*ppy signals
From: gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU (George T. Daughters)
Date: Wed Dec 15 11:01:54 1999

Hi all,

I appreciate it when somebody gives me a less-than-perfect signal
report.  During SS/SSB I was messing with some EB switching on my
amp, and several people told me my signal sounded "clipped" or like I
was using "too much digital processing."  Nobody said I was
splattering, though.

I got rid of the EBS for the 10m contest (so the final runs a bit
warmer... no big deal) and the comments I received were "great
signal"  (I love that one!)  "big signal," and "monster signal, and
very clean"!  (I really like that one too!)

So yes, I'd guess ops should be told if their signals leave something
to be desired.  If they choose to do nothing about it, then at least
they were told.

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT