[CQ-Contest] Re: The UNLIMITED category.

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: The UNLIMITED category.
From: paul@ei5di.com (Paul O'Kane)
Date: Thu Feb 17 20:20:56 2000
K2AV suggested-

>You would have SOUL and MOUL Let them run receivers and transmitters
>linked all over the world if they want to. Their scores would not be
>compared against standard categories. Just a big brawl class. If
>something concrete and popular emerges in time, then define it and set
>up a new competitive class.

If you change amateur radio contesting sufficiently, by integrating
it with the internet or otherwise removing all limits, it may still
be competitive - but it won't be amateur radio.

It's a bit like putting engines in sailboats to make them go faster.
You'll end up with powerboat racing instead of yacht racing.

73,
Paul EI5DI