[CQ-Contest] Re: CQ Contest Digest V3 #45

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: CQ Contest Digest V3 #45
From: w8ik@arrl.net (Joe Subich, W8IK)
Date: Sun Feb 27 09:33:32 2000
> Finally, I have to ask...  If it's OK to run a contester off their
> occupied frequency, is it OK to run off a *non-contester*, someone in an
> established QSO or net?

Of course not, Doug!

How about 200 Watt output limits for Multi-Multi or SOnR stations in
call areas W1-W2-W3?  Better yet ... make the rules "1500 watts (for
US) TOTAL from all transmitting systems capable of operation during
the test."  That way a M-M with six stations gets 250 watts per
band, an SO2R gets 750 watts per radio, SO3R 500 watts, etc.

Of course, many of the M-M and SOnR stations will ignore that limit
just like they routinely ignore the 1500 watt limit.

73,
   ... Joe Subich, W8IK/4
       <W8IK@ARRL.NET>