[CQ-Contest] 1998 CQWW CW DX Contest Certificates

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 1998 CQWW CW DX Contest Certificates
From: broz@csn.net (John Brosnahan)
Date: Sun Feb 27 19:09:56 2000
Jay,

I know Bob Cox and I (and others) have talked about virtual
certificates for at least a couple of years, and it is clear that
the interest continues to build.  I am fairly confident that the
number of certificate winners with appropriate software and
hardware in the US has probably reached critical mass, but
I am not so sure if it has done so in many of the rarer DX
countries.

It could possibly be administered like the UBN files are now--
you get a password and download your certificate.  And ones
that are not downloaded within a certain time would then be
printed and mailed as they are now.  The incentive to get
the virtual certificate over the paper one would be instant
gratification -- a strong motivator!

I feel sure virtual certificates will come when someone is able
to volunteer the time needed to make it happen.

73--John  W0UN