[CQ-Contest] RE: Busted de K1JN

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: Busted de K1JN
From: k1ttt@berkshire.net (David Robbins)
Date: Wed Mar 8 01:35:39 2000
Jim Kehler wrote:
> > quick way to let others know not to try to work the misspotted station.
>
> Why would you want to do that ? I thought the object of a contest was to
> beat the 'other guys'.  Maybe you could enlighten me and explain just who
> these 'others' are and why you are concerned with how well they do in
> the contest.

as one of the first users of packet to spot dx during a contest the whole reason
of it was to improve the club results.  the new england network was built
basically by the YCCC to help multi op stations improve their scores to add to
the club aggregate.

--
David Robbins K1TTT (ex KY1H)
k1ttt@berkshire.net   or   robbins@berkshire.net