[CQ-Contest] Re: Digital Voice keyer

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Digital Voice keyer
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon Mar 13 11:40:42 2000
At 10:33 AM 3/13/2000 -0600, Ron Stordahl wrote:

>Yes, I tried the MFJ-434 and its nice EXCEPT the repeat delay minimum
>setting is 3 seconds.  That's an eternity when your CQing.  And its set in
>firmware, there is nothing you can do about it.  I can't imagine what the
>designer was thinking about, except its obvious that he has never operated
>in a contest.  I returned mine.

Interesting ... I normally use 3-4 seconds between automated CQs, and don't
recall ever being bumped off a frequency as a result.  I wonder what the
general consensus is?

BTW the Ctl-Q facility in TRLog is wonderful in this situation because
either hitting ESC or beginning to enter a callsign interrupts the repeat
cycle.

73,  Pete N4ZR

Don't forget to update your entry in the World Contest Station Database
http://206.102.70.3/search.htm