[CQ-Contest] Re: Digital Voice keyer

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Digital Voice keyer
From: RGelber@compuserve.com (Richard L Gelber)
Date: Tue Mar 14 18:00:20 2000
Although 3 seconds is not a horribly long delay, IMHO, the figure I use,
after years of experimenting, is 2.2 seconds (on a band that is not totally
dead).

Why is it important in any way what non-contesters think about this?  They
are not participating, or seeking to use the spectrum.  I know non
contesters who think I speak too fast (while running) and send too fast.
Most of them will not approve of the operation whatever we do.  If it's too
fast for the contesters I'll have to slow down anyway, but the opinion of
the non-contesters is not very relevant, as long as the operation is legal.

As the old joke goes: "If you no play-a da game, you no make-a da rules!"

Rich, K2WR