[CQ-Contest] New SS Category Proposal

Subject: [CQ-Contest] New SS Category Proposal
From: k1ky@bellsouth.net (Tom Delker)
Date: Thu Mar 16 07:38:59 2000
As Dave/K8CC So eloquently put:
"What I believe is needed is more local or regional recognition, or
creative marketing by the clubs to get people on the air."

cut
--------
The Tennessee Contest Group wholeheartedly supports this idea and we do
our level best to "creatively market" to amateurs in our state to get
on, if only for a few Q's. We could do this even better if the club
territory included our whole section so we could stir up more interest
in our Western and Eastern most areas where we have some great potential
for increased activity.  There is a sort of "comraderie" when everyone
is throwing together toward a collective "team" effort.

Tennessee is not unique with this limitation.  How about you other
states out there that comprise a whole section, but the 175 mile circle
catches only a handful of active contesters?? OK MI OH KY IN IL WI MO IA
GA AL MS UT NV ID NE SD ND MN VA NC SC AK NM AZ AR as well as some
sections within states probably aren't entirely captured.

Is there enough support out there in the contesting community to request
this kind of change?

Tom/K1KY