[CQ-Contest] SO2R

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R
From: lw9euj@ciudad.com.ar (MARTIN MONSALVO LW9EUJ)
Date: Sun May 28 02:22:13 2000
Hello:

If I organize a contest, and separate categories where there's no need to do
so. I'am potentially, making things easier for the entrants who cheat.
Even more, if It is practically impossible to know wether he or she was in
one or another category, why must we create this category separations.
I guess categories must be tailored allowing the use of all technical
implements that increase performance. Thus the guy who usually cheats must
invent or create a new technical resource to cheat, because all the
available tech is allowed and will be surely used by his competitors.
I also guess we reach the point where the assisted / non assisted
distinction became useless. Nowadays, acces to web clusters is possible even
if you are in the middle of the north pole. As packet spotting implies a
great impact over the performance, a contester can use it and claim single
op unassited and nobody will know he did it. So why to allow it? If packet
spotting is allowed, on the air spotting is allowed, who will be able to
cheat cheat with the mults?
Yes, many of you will say there are other ways to cheat with the mults. I
tell a friend to work the mults while a stay running for the entire 48
hours, If that's a possibility, we will have to change the exchange rules to
avoid this.
What we are talking about is usefull. It has to do in a way or another,
accept it or not,  with the escence of competitions: FAIR PLAY.
73.
Martin,LW9EUJ

MARTIN,LW9EUJ
http://www.qsl.net/lw9euj
599001-subscribe@egruops.com
lu-contesters-subscribe@egroups.com
lu-3830-subscribe@egroups.com
Info sobre concursos Nacionales, veriedad de Links, Programas para bajar,
etc en: http://www.qsl.net/lu3val