[CQ-Contest] SO2R

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R
From: Jim_Neiger@XonTech.com (James B. Neiger)
Date: Mon Jun 5 17:04:08 2000
I'm sure glad I cut short my trip to Hawaii so I could get back to read all
about SO2R.

My vote:

SO2R - YES  (New category - NO)

ROBOTS - NO

PACKET - NO

I'm still using NONE of the above, and still feel like (1) I'm competitive,
and (2) having fun.

As I see it, if you're BIG enough (yes, Virginia, size DOES make a
difference) and you're GOOD enough to operate two or more radios,  - GO FOR
IT.  As for a new category, NAH.  Why do some feel the need to trivialize
the skills of others, down to their level, instead of lifting themselves UP
to the next highest?

Hoping to see many of you in Slovenia.  August 1999 Travel and Leisure has a
nice article about Slovenia, and I think this is going to be a fun
experience.  And thanks, in advance, to the WRTC Organizing Committee and
our S5 friends for putting on the show.  Can't wait.....

                      Vy 73

                               Jim Neiger
                               N6TJ