[CQ-Contest] RE: Records

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: Records
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sun Feb 11 13:06:47 2001
In a message dated 2/10/01 9:03:56 AM Pacific Standard Time,
k1dg@ix.netcom.com writes:

 >  > 2. Highest Antenna AGL
 >
 >  My data is a bit out of date, but I think the KC1XX 80M stacked delta =
 >  loops at 300 and 150 feet (100 and 50 Meters) are at the top (so to =
 >  speak). There also used to be an 80 M inverted Vee at W1MX (MIT club =
 >  station) at the top of a 300-foot building (the Green Bulding, for =
 >  alums) back in the 70s, but I'm not sure if it is still there.

     What about ham repeater antennas in the Midwest on some of those monster
towers? I'm sure there are some in the 800-900 foot range (or more - yikes!)
somewhere.

     W2JGQ lives in NYC and has a tower and antenna on top of his apartment
building. The antenna (a Force 12) is about 100 meters above the street. I
published a picture of it in my "Up The Tower" column in CQ Contest magazine
a couple of months ago.

Cheers,     Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech