[CQ-Contest] Tip - Weak Signal Detection

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Tip - Weak Signal Detection
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Feb 26 02:27:07 2001
In a message dated 2/25/01 8:18:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
field@nucleus.com writes:

 >  The noise provides a context that the brain needs to decipher the signal.

     Now we have to have a brain too?!?

     Where will it end...?

Cheers,     Steve   K7LXC

From: Marijan Miletic" <Marijan@Miletic.net (Marijan Miletic)
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SCC RTTY rules propossal

New Director Robert, S57AW has announced changes to SCC RTTY rules at
http://lea.hamradio.si/~scc/rtty/rules.html .  This makes them similar to
EUHFC,
the other contest Slovenia C. Club organizes.  There are several new
restrictions and your input would be welcome asap.

DX Cluster is not allowed for single op, band change restrictions, there is 10%
error threshold for accepting scores, disqualification clause, electronic logs
only...

I wonder if we should remove kind request for USA stations to indicate being in
different callsign area? Cabrillo format is recommended so we should
recalculate
all logs anyway.

Shall we make it digital contest instead of RTTY Baudot?

Official results from last year competition would be announced soon.

UE de Mario, S56A, N1YU