[CQ-Contest] CQWW 160m Contest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW 160m Contest
From: wally@el-soft.com (Valeri Stefanov)
Date: Wed Feb 28 06:40:14 2001

Hello Fellow = Contesters,

After seeing claimed scores for CQWW  160m SSB contest I once again would
like to suggest changing of the rules of CQWW  160m contests.
We all know that on top band even distance of 100 km may means QSO or no
QSO, so having the current system of multipliers and points'  system
definetly makes game NOT fair for all the participants.
Let's make fun possible for everyone.
What I suggest ( and have been suggesting since  1986) :

Multiplier - WWL Grid Squares like in Stew Perry  Contest ( KN23 for example)
This will get rid of meaningless 59 LZ, more over  that it is poorly
defined and an OK for example is giving you 59 OK while the other  59 CZ -
what to write in the log ???
( I write what I hear,but that is no contest report  at all IMHO). Having
grids mults will mean a real contest report and evenly  distributed
multipliers all over the globe (more or less).

Points - 1 point for your own country, 3 points for  other country in same
continent and 5 points for country on other continent.

If contest director wants he may keep the current points system.
Changing the multipliers will anyway make things more equal for all of us.

Any comments appreciated.

73's de Wally LZ2CJ ( LZ8T)