[CQ-Contest] Single-Op, Team Assisted???

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Single-Op, Team Assisted???
From: n2mg@contesting.com (Mike Gilmer - N2MG)
Date: Wed Feb 28 05:44:08 2001
If one looks at this in the context of the CQ 160 contest, then while what
Richard has outlined sure sounds like "assisted", CQ 160 doesn't even have
an assisted single-op category.

 >From CQ's website
http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/160rules01.html

<<Classes: Single and multi-operator only. Use of packet, a spotting net,
or logging assistance makes an entry multi-operator.>>

Now, what kind of "help" did station A receive? It wasn't logging, wasn't a
spotting net and wasn't packet. I suppose one could argue that it's
*legal*. But not *contesting*.

73 Mike
n2mg@contesting.com

http://www.peoplepc.com