[CQ-Contest] Contest ears

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest ears
From: don.chisholm@home.com (Don Chisholm)
Date: Mon Mar 19 02:21:18 2001
As a musician, I value my hearing above all other senses, and I think I can
hear pretty well (when my head is screwed on straight).  When I played the
.wav file through my computer speakers, I heard the echo RAT clear as day.

I thought it was a joke, so I had my roommate (who is not a ham) listen.  He
could not even tell what was there.  After I explained it, he still couldn't
even tell that there was a "beep" in the static.  After lashing up my Heil
heaset to the computer and fiddling around with the volume, he still only
heard "static".

As a  matter of fact, he said, "Maybe if you got that static out of the way,
I could hear the beeps" . . . .

:)

73
Don