[CQ-Contest] re: Casual contesters...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] re: Casual contesters...
From: n5nj@gte.net (Bob Naumann - N5NJ)
Date: Wed Mar 21 00:10:45 2001
 > it saying CQ was no longer available through him. IMO, not worth
 > $30+ to for one or two issues of contest results.

If enough of us do this, we can kiss the CQ contests good bye in the
near future.  In my opinion, this view is very short-sighted.

Adding this cost to the total amount of money that most of us, who are
even moderately serious, spend on our stations so that we can operate
these contests, the $30 or so is not even a percentage.  Just think of
what we spend on a fully automated SO2R setup.

If there's no subscribers, there will be no magazine.  If there's no
magazine, there will be no contest (CQWW, WPX, et al).

This is a small investment in perpetuating the CQ contests and all the
other neat stuff they do, like the WAZ program etc.

Not only that, they're the only game in town besides QST.  That alone
should be reason enough to support CQ.

73,
Bob

Robert E. Naumann