[CQ-Contest] I can feel the heat! Fwoosh!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] I can feel the heat! Fwoosh!
From: ab0mv@ix.netcom.com (ab0mv@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Mar 26 15:10:04 2001
I do not believe a lack of concern for following rules is mode
dependent.  Perhaps it's easier to tune out unethical behavior & rude on CW
but it exists too and is just as offensive.

I believe that a break in the rules is due more to the win-at-all cost
often prevalent in the contest community regardless of mode.  Interestingly
enough, a lot of the operators in the top ten, if not frequent first place
winners, engage in neither rule-breaking not rude on-the-air
behavior.  They often seem to be having the most fun too.  Curious isn't it?

Ever listen to a really good SSB contestor? (I have, esp. in NC when I had
to contest with indoor antennas---Between working everyone possible I could
hear S & Ping and waiting for new people to show up on the bands.)  True art.

73
Merri AB0MV ex-KF4OAD

 >The ethics of the SSB contesting community have spoken
collectively, and the vast majority have said I should
shut my mouth and why do I care anyway?