[CQ-Contest] Bill, what did "IS" mean?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Bill, what did "IS" mean?
From: tombaugh@discoverynet.com (Tom Baugh AE9B)
Date: Fri Mar 30 05:00:08 2001
Scott,
I haven't read the rules over since before the contest even with all of this
going on. If what you say below is true then everyone who used ANYTHING
other than THEIR callsign was illegal.

 > At the beginning of the rules, there is a statement
 > that reads (quoting directly):
 >
 > "Only the entrant's callsign can be used to aid the
 > entrant's score."

So saying "cq CONTEST" tells others that you're in a CONTEST and is an aid
for others to identify and help you.

 > The same statement: "Only the entrant's callsign can
 > be used to aid the entrant's score" is applied to
 > self-spotting yourself using a different callsign
 > than the one you are using during the contest.  > Scott Robbins, W4PA

In this scerario ONLY THE ENTRANT CAN SPOT HIMSELF. This would be
interesting.

Just food for thought
AE9B
Tom