[CQ-Contest] Contest this weekend

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest this weekend
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Sun Apr 1 00:01:06 2001
On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, Doug Grant wrote:

 > Announcing:
 >
 > The 42nd Annual Poisson d'Avril Contest
 > Starts: 0001 Sunday, April 1, 2001           Ends:  2359 Sunday, April 1,
 > 2001
 >
 > VII. Scoring:
 >
 > 1. Single Operator: (a) All Band score = total QSO points from all bands
 > multiplied by the number of different prefixes, suffixes, zones, countries,
 > etc. worked (prefixes are counted only once, but suffixes are counted a lot
 > of times). (b) Single band score = total QSO points on the band multiplied
 > by the number of different multipliers heard or worked.
 > 2. Multi Operator: Scoring is the same as Single Operator, All Band.
 > Determine the scores made by each operator and multiply them.
 > 3. A station may be worked once on each band for QSO point credit.
 > Multiplier credit can be taken only once. OK, twice.

I would like to propose a modification of the scoring rules.  For every
station participating in the contest that you DON'T work, you get a bonus
of 500,000 points.  However, in order to qualify, you must work at least
30% of the active participants.  To determine if you qualify for the
bonus, you must log both the stations you DO work and the stations
you DON'T work.  Therefore, EVERYONE in the contest must spend most of
the time calling CQ in order for everyone else to determine who all the
participants are.

OK?

73, Zack W9SZ