[CQ-Contest] Hurting the WPX CW

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Hurting the WPX CW
From: n7df@netmdc.com (Larry N7DF)
Date: Wed Apr 18 17:23:14 2001

Personally I think that having the CQWPX CW on Memorial Day weekend =
hurts it more than anything else possibly could.
There are enough non-holiday weekends this time of year that it should =
be possible to have it on a weekend when more people would be at home =
looking for a way to spend some time rather than getting outdoors after =
a long cold winter.
My operations in CQWPX CW have been few and far between because I would =
rather spend some quality time doing other things on my Memorial Day =
holiday, and that says a lot considering how much I enjoy contesting.
How about a vote on moving the CQWPX CW to a non-holiday weekend like =
the first weekend of June?