[CQ-Contest] Florida QSO Party

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Florida QSO Party
From: ng3k@ng3k.com (ng3k@ng3k.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 07:42:06 2001
I don't feel so bad after reading K4OJ's explanation
of K4FCG's operating situation.  I called the /M in
Levy County on Sunday afternoon (N4TO?) for half an
hour straight and never did work them.  From my
perspective, the champion ears were K5WA and W5WMU
who always heard me even though they were dirt weak
on my end.  And I was only running 20 W into a half
length G5RV.  Worked N4BP and N4TO a lot too, but
their signals were generally stronger on this end.

I stayed with 20 M CW this year.  Didn't have a lot
of time to devote to the contest.  Too much yard work
and the weather was just too darned nice in Maryland
to stay indoors.

Was absolutely amazed at the number of /M stations on
this year.  You fellas did an unbelievable job of
putting counties on the the air this year.  You're
all to be commended.  As always, it was a fun contest,
despite the lousy conditions.

73,

Bill/NG3K