[CQ-Contest] TS850 problem

Subject: [CQ-Contest] TS850 problem
From: bjk@ihug.co.nz (Barry Kirkwood)
Date: Mon May 14 11:33:06 2001
Noticed comments about Kenwood service in the thread on contest rigs.
I have a problem with my TS850 and have had no cooperation from Kenwood on
the internet. They all tell me to contact my nearest Kenwood agency but
there does not appear to be one in ZL.

Problem: TS850 rx intermittently loses about 20dB sensitivity after being on
tx. This happens on CW and SSB and on any AGC setting. Often OK if I click
back to TX for an instant.
Have had new ant relay but this did not fix.
Has anybody had similar problem?
Any suggestions about the fix much appreciated.
73 es tnx

end
Barry Kirkwood PhD ZL1DD
Signal Hill Homestay