[CQ-Contest] T/S 2nd radio antenna restrictions

Subject: [CQ-Contest] T/S 2nd radio antenna restrictions
From: k9tm@buckeye-express.com (K9TM)
Date: Sun May 20 22:31:42 2001

I don't think the rules want to address SO2R directly.  I get the impression
based on the wording that they are not allowing SO2R without saying that.  I
would copy the excerpt here but it is in a PDF file.

It says "a single tribander with a single feedline (for 10/15/20) and a
single element antenna for 40/80/160".

This tells me that for the high bands, you get to use your one tribander
with its one feedline.  It doesn't come out and say it in so many words but
I interpret this to prohibit you from using your 40m dipole on 15m (say on
the 2nd radio)... because it says a single tribander on 10/15/20 and single
element antenna for 40/80/160.  If you can come up with some way to use the
single tribander with a single feedline to xmit and listen on multiple
highbands... that would appear to be legal.

Interesting thought that the wording does not rule out the possiblity of
multiple single element antennas for any of the low bands (say a sloper to
NE and sloper to NW and sloper to S for say 40m... all single elements)...
but does specifically say a singular tribander.

I think ur SOL Ken. :-)

73 Tim K9TM