[CQ-Contest] T/S 2nd radio antenna restrictions

Subject: [CQ-Contest] T/S 2nd radio antenna restrictions
From: clive_whelan@btinternet.com (Clive Whelan)
Date: Thu May 24 00:33:37 2001
  Jimmy Weierich wrote:
 > How many hams with average stations have a second transceiver or are
 > willing to purchase one for SO2R?

Here's one: my old ( like 17 years old) TS930S with a PIEXX board.

 > How many hams with average stations are willing to invest the money
 > ($200-$300 with cables) to purchase a SO2R box that will only be used
 > in contests? Or scratch build such a unit?

Here's one: the latter, a simple  plastic box, switch, and three stereo
jack sockets. TR does everything else.

 > Is SO2R consistent with the reasons for having a restricted equipment
 > class such as Tribander/Single Element?

Absolutely!: the former is under one's own control, the latter in my
case not, since I am allowed no antennae at all, let alone a tribander.
I have an invisible doublet and an invisible vertical!

You do what you have to do.

73

Clive

GW3NJW