[CQ-Contest] What Radio? / SO2R

Subject: [CQ-Contest] What Radio? / SO2R
From: andrew.faber@gte.net (Andy Faber)
Date: Thu May 24 11:38:44 2001
Richard,
  A limited response.  I use a TS-950SDX as a primary radio and a TS-570DG
as a second radio.  I've also used two 570's and I don't recommend that.
The problem is that the 570's front end can't handle strong signals on CW,
so the agc pumps when there is an adjacent strong signal, which desensitizes
the RX and prevents you from hearing the weak one you are tuned to.  I used
a 570 in Sprint CW once and was totally frustrated (other than that, it is a
delightful radio, with lots of nice features). I suspect two 850's would
work out very well.
  73, andy, ae6y