[CQ-Contest] JARL/AA

Subject: [CQ-Contest] JARL/AA
From: btippett@alum.mit.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Tue Jun 19 00:32:08 2001
GW3NJW:
>Have you seen
>http://www.jarl.com/contest/english/aaelog.htm
>bizarre or what???

        Clive, it is really not that bad!  Cut and paste the template
on the Webpage above into your E-mail body and then follow the "<tag>"
page definitions and enter your own info (after deleting example info).
Open your CT .all file with Notepad, copy and paste the log between
the appropriate <LOGSHEET> tags, and you are done!  Send it to
aacw@jarl.or.jp and you will get a confirmation in minutes as I did.
The whole process took less than 10 minutes!

        Their format is actually very similar to Cabrillo, so maybe they
will adopt it for next year.  View this as a learning experience!  :-))

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV

P.S.  Here's a sample of what I submitted:

<SUMMARYSHEET VERSION=R1.0AA>
<CONTESTNAME>ALL ASIAN DX CW</CONTESTNAME>
<CATEGORYCODE>SO10</CATEGORYCODE>
<CATEGORYNAME>SingleOP 10M</CATEGORYNAME>
<CALLSIGN>W4ZV</CALLSIGN>
<ENTITY>USA</ENTITY>
<OPCALLSIGN>W4ZV</OPCALLSIGN>
<SCORE BAND=10>124,248,63</SCORE>
<SCORE BAND=TOTAL>124,248,63</SCORE>
<TOTALSCORE>15624</TOTALSCORE>
<ADDRESS>P.O. BOX 37, NEW LONDON, NC, USA 28127-0037</ADDRESS>
<NAME>BILL TIPPETT</NAME>
<EMAIL>btippett@alum.mit.edu</EMAIL>
<LICENSECLASS>EXTRA CLASS(USA)</LICENSECLASS>
<POWER>1500</POWER>
<EQUIPMENT>FT-1000MP, Amp Supply LK-800, 3 X 6ele KLM monobanders</EQUIPMENT>
<COMMENTS>All number sent were 59956</COMMENTS>
<OATH>I have observed all rules for above mentioned contest as well as all
regulations for Amateur Radio in my country. The particular in this
sheet and in any accompanying sheets are correct and true to the best
of my knowledge. I agree to be bound by the decisions of the JARL
Contest Committee.</OATH>
<DATE>18,JUN,2001</DATE>
<SIGNATURE>BILL TIPPETT</SIGNATURE>
</SUMMARYSHEET>
<LOGSHEET TYPE=CT>
                        All ASIAN DX CONTEST                        Page 1

            CALLSIGN: W4ZV           MODE: CW                   BAND: ALL

       DATE     TIME  NUMBER FREQ   CALL         RCVD    NEW MULTS   PTS

    16-Jun-01   1034     1  28019  JE2SOY       599 39        JE2     2
(remainder of CT.all log truncated)
  Cumulative Totals:   124                                    63     248
</LOGSHEET>

...and the confirmation I received in minutes:

* This is an auto reply. *

* Your mail has been accepted successfully by our automatic responding
program. *

Your reception number is: