[CQ-Contest] JARL/AA

Subject: [CQ-Contest] JARL/AA
From: ve6yp@home.com (Tony Field)
Date: Mon Jun 18 20:00:53 2001
>         Clive, it is really not that bad!  Cut and paste the
template
> on the Webpage above into your E-mail body and then follow the
"<tag>"
> page definitions and enter your own info (after deleting example
info).
> Open your CT .all file with Notepad, copy and paste the log between

What happens if you do not use CT ??  -- or is CT the only acceptable
contest program used by contesters??

>         Their format is actually very similar to Cabrillo, so maybe
they
> will adopt it for next year.  View this as a learning experience!
:-))

In what way is the format similar to Cabrillo (other than recording
logging information). There is a stronger relationship to XML.

Seems to me that YALSF (yet another log submission format) is not
needed since a few competent folks have devoted reasonable efforts to
construct ham radio log standards specifically for contesting (with
some obvious missing components).  I think it would be more
appropriate if JARL at least attempted to extend an existing ham radio
defined standard rather then invent a new one.

tony (ve6yp)

>From Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@dialup.mplik.ru  Tue Jun 19 04:12:01 2001
> some obvious missing components).  I think it would be more
> appropriate if JARL at least attempted to extend an existing ham radio
> defined standard rather then invent a new one.
>
> tony (ve6yp)
If they want to insist on their own format for some obscure reasons why
don't they write a conversion utility to simplify life of the participants.
In the mean time they will end up with much fewer logs sent then they
expect.

73,
Igor, UA9CDC