[CQ-Contest] July QST arrives "Antenna Issue"

Subject: [CQ-Contest] July QST arrives "Antenna Issue"
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun Jun 24 15:07:15 2001
At 05:09 PM 6/24/01 -0000, Barry Kutner wrote:

>Hi Jay,
>I'm sure you've noticed, over the last few years, that QST has
>changed its focus more towards beginners. There are a lot more
>articles such as "A 144/440 Mhz Duoband Antenna For Your
>Hardhat," rather than "The Optimum Monoband Stack for 80m."
>I guess the ARRL realizes (and rightly so, from a business
>perspective) that the only way to grow is catering to the newbies
>and attracting new blood.

Barry makes business sense, but I think that at least there could have been
ONE article about a high performance antenna topic.  ARRL should remember
that in politics and business, it's not only sheer numbers that count, but
also intensity and a willingness to invest in your hobby beyond new
accessories for that shack on the belt.  On those counts, contesters
deserve more attention than they have been getting.

73, Pete N4ZR
No, no ... that's WEST Virginia