[CQ-Contest] The best QSOs/hour on SSB/CW

Subject: [CQ-Contest] The best QSOs/hour on SSB/CW
From: steinman@nortelnetworks.com (Jeffrey Steinman)
Date: Fri Jun 29 22:03:34 2001

Hi Zoli:
>*Probably* Jeff made that (1511 Q's) without second radio (no SO2R).

Yes, no 2nd radio (or very little) at the beginning.

>(??) The question is: why is the big difference?

Very easy - as a single-op I can jump from band to band to find the best
rate. As a M/M CN8WW is ALWAYS on EVERY band, so their rates will decrease
as the contest goes on and they find fewer and fewer people to work.

About the only valid comparison between our logs would be the first 4 hours
of the contest, as I was only on 20M during that time.

73

Jeff, N5TJ