[CQ-Contest] ARRL contest coverage

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL contest coverage
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed Jan 9 22:48:01 2002
Of all the anayses I've read today, I fear that K2SX has it closest to
right.  Mark no doubt intends to carry through both on the web data
improvements and the expanded non-results coverage in QST, but economic
pressures may dictate that neither happens.  After all, we are only a tiny
minority, if all you count is noses.

One thing that sample surveys are lousy at measuring is intensity of
feeling, whether expressed in terms of time spent in the hobby or dollars
spent with QST advertisers.

If you want this decision to be reversed (it *does* seem to be a foregone
conclusion so far as ARRL HQ is concerned) let your Director know NOW how
strongly you feel, before the meeting is held and a decision made in a
vacuum.  Fortunately, elective politics gives ample opportunity for
intensity of views to find expression through campaigning, contributions to
candidates, and all the other ways that make some votes count more than
others.  Be sure he or she knows that the cost of ignoring contester views
will be a lot of support for his or her electoral opponent next time
around.

73, Pete N4ZR

The revised World Contest
Station Database